A while ago, I got this thought into my head: Wouldn't it be kind of nice to get a tattoo? They've always sort of fascinated me, especially the old-school pin-up ones etc - there's this makeup artist in MAC in Magasin du Nord with fantastic red hair and sailor-ish sleeves; her I kind of admire (I saw her often in the period where I worked there). But those wouldn't really fit me I think...
There are also those very 90s/gang member type ones, which are abstract but in all black with lots of pointy corners and stuff, which makes you look very agressive or at least as if you'd like to come off that way - not really my style either.

No, what entered my mind was what I've tried to make a collage of to the left; three strands of pearls with some kind of 'clasp' on each shoulder. I came up with some years ago, and I've actually done quite a bit of research to try and find someone with something similar - but so far without success. I've only found pearls as a part of a pirate-themed tattoo or the temporary Chanel tattoos as on the picture to the right (I by the way think I came up with the idea before I saw those - but I'm honestly not 100% sure). But what I think I want is still different - I don't want it quite so stylized as the Chanel ones, I want it to look more realistic.
But then comes the ever present questions: What if I don't like it? Won't it look stupid when I'm old and wrinkly?
Well, the last part doesn't worry me too much - I sure would think it was cool to have a tattooed grandma. But the first part sort of does; because it is permanent I need to be sure that I'll want to keep it - and judging by how dramatically I fell I (and my tastes) have changed in the past few years, I don't feel certain. It is a quite big tattoo, so even though covering it up with clothes wouldn't be too difficult, it's still different from a dolphin on the ankle.
Decisions, decisions. I want the tattoo, but I'm afraid I'll regret it in a couple of years - on the other hand I've thought about it for a while.. how long do I need?
(P.S.: Going to see Wicked at Det Ny Teater tonight - so expect a review within the next couple of days ^^)

No comments:
Post a Comment