Last week, I bought two AMAZING things in my favourite vintage shop, Décor. Sadly, I can't really post pictures or tell about them, as both are gifts. Still - they were amazing, just saying.
I first discovered this shop when I went to Zahles school from 7th to 9th grade, just across the plaza. I have spent many a recess treasure hunting in this fantastic little place - and it bears the main responsibility for my discovering the joys of vintage fashion. Recently, I have read about Décor several places, as on Cover.dk, and I have heard it referred to as the place every stylist considers her little secret. And indeed, I have often been there while the owner, Lone, was lending out some of her pieces for a shoot - such as a giant lace collar from the 1890s, which sadly is not for sale (some of the finest things she keeps herself, hanging them as decoration in the shop).
The clothes, jewellery, hats, shoes, perfumes in the shop is mainly from the end of the 19th century until the 1960s, with a few newer things. Some of my favourite items from Décor include a 1950s pearl necklace and a black hat from the same period - and at some point I'm gonna buy a top hat. As the pieces are mostly one of a kind, it of course often happens that something you find doesn't fit - but that just means you're that much happier when some gorgeous dress/hat/skirt actually fits nicely :)
![]() |
| Beautiful satin shoes from circa 1950 |
When I was there last week, I found 3 things I wished fit me and several things I wished I could afford; the satin shoes above are probably sz 37ish, which is a tad to small for me. I also found some amazing white full-length gloves (as in almost to your shoulder) in what I think was increadibly fine, soft leather - unfortunately, as most vintage gloves, they were way too small.. Finally, a 1890s cotton lace blouse in sz 34 I almost bought just to own it.
One thing I can always spend time drooling over is the several fur stolas in the shop; but I also found a gorgeous little wallet in hand-knit lace also from the end of the 19th century, which looked almost as good as new. But at 850 dkkr, it wouldn't leave much money for me to spend the rest of April - and it would mean my ambition to become better at saving would, at least for April, not come to much.
Rømersgade 9 (by Israels Plads, Nørreport station)
1362 Cph K
Open: tue-fri 12-18; sat 10-16; sun-mon closed.


beautiful! wish i could go!!
ReplyDeletejanuary, x
jessicajanuary.com