![]() |
| Nimue Smit by Sebastian Kim for Numéro #122 (from fashiongonerogue.com) |
One of my favourite places on the web is the blog Fashion Gone Rogue. There is posted mainly editorials from fashion magazines from all over the world, USA to China to Russia. I do read some magazines as well, but having found this blog means I don't have to buy Italian Vogue to see their amazing pictures - at 120 dkkr (≈$24), it feels like a bit of a waste to buy it when I don't understand any of the other contents of the magazine.
I like the idea, not only of accessing many of these pictures for free, but accessing them at all. I am not limited by my magazine-budget or by what they choose to sell in the Magasin du Nord magazine-department; and I gain access to the international fashion world, rather than merely what Western editors choose to show me. There is for example always a marked difference between Asian editorials (which again vary between countries) and e.g. Danish; even if the photographers might be the same, and the model European, the influence from the Japanese or Korean magazine makes the final result entirely different. And just as I enjoy the cultural diversity of my IB class, getting to either confirm or affirm prejudices on my own, I like to be able to get a truly international sense of fashion :)
And speaking of international - I shall now be off to my job interview at SOS International, which is a travel insurance company I will hopefully be working at this summer. Which means, if any of you get hurt while you're on holiday, I might just be the one arranging your flight home ^^

I might consider hurting myself while being overseas just to experience the cool feeling of my friend picking up the phone when I call for help :b
ReplyDelete;) you probably shouldn't though. But the guy who did my first test (which was a kind of simulation of a call) said "See you, Mathilde" when I left an hour later, so I guess that's a good sign ^^
ReplyDelete