
First: A Vintage Tip
Saw this dress in the Kirkens Korshær second hand and vintage shop at Frederiksberg metro station today (the corner of Falkoner Allé and Nyelandsvej). It looks like a sz 36, so too small for me, but at 175 dkkr it's a bargain - it looks like it's from the 1960's, and the lace detailing is really nice - the picture doesn't really do it justice, but I'm stuck with the camera in my old Nokia :)
Now: The Actual Post
Today I have finished my last IB exam!! Technically I don't know if I've passed yet, but I am countining on it ^^ I am perhaps slightly more worried about making it to the 38 points I need to go to St. Andrews, but my fingers will be crossed all the way until 6th of July, which is when I'll get my results :)
Those kind of pessimistic thoughts shall however not keep me from celebrating :D had a glass of Asti after we finished the 2-hour long economics exam, as someone had been clever enough to bring some along.

Then two friends and I went in to the city to have cake at La Glace, which is sort of a tradition of ours whenever we go on holiday. (Lin & Lisa: We'll go there with you when you A: Are home and B: Are done with your exams). La Glace is founded in 1870 and is the oldest confectioner's shop (konditori) in Copenhagen; they have some of the best cakes in the city (which happen to also be some of the most expensive). Today I had a piece of 'Det Gyldne Tårn', The Golden Tower, named after one of the rides in Copenhagen's Tivoli. It was really yummy, but my favourite remains 'Karen Blixen' which is a cake with coffee and a bit of chocolate, named after the famous Danish writer who for 17 years lived on a coffee farm in Kenya. My mum's favourite is the 'Sportskage' which is their signature cake - not named 'Sports cake' because it is particularly healthy (by no means), but because it was created for a theatrical premiere of the play "Sports Man" in 1891. With nougat in whipped cream decorated with caramelized choux pastry on a bottom of macaroon it is quite heavy duty - but I think it's one of the best looking cakes in their assortment (and it of course tastes good too).
![]() |
![]() |
| Picture of the front part of Les Trois Cochons |
Tonight, I am going out to eat with my family at Le Trois Cochons - the little three pigs. It is one of my favourite places, although I can't afford to go there very often. First of all the food is good - it is variations over French cuisine. It is a part of the restaurant group cofoco, short for simply Copenhagen Food Consulting, which also runs another of my favourite restaurants Scarpetta, which serves Italian food. Les Trois Cochons runs with a set menu where you can choose one of 3-4 main dishes but where both appetizers and dessert are 'what the chef feels like serving' - nice to not have to make so many choices, and it means you don't just go for the safe stuff on the menu, but have new culinary experiences. Besides, they have the most divine rye bread (yes, as a Dane, that is something I appreciate). Secondly, their decór is really nice; the restaurant's in an old butcher's shop, and they've kept the old tiles and meat hooks, but added crystal chandeliers and wine cupboards - preserving the history of the place, making it a good-looking restaurant but containing the contrasts I love so much.
Afterwards I'll probably see if I can find some of my classmates somewhere in the city, out celebrating !
only I can't stay up too late, have to be fresh for my job interview tomorrow :)
Skoubogade 3
1158 Copenhagen K
Open: mon-thu 8.30-17.30; fri 8.30-18; sat 9-17; sun 10-17 (closed on sundays April-September)
Værnedamsvej 10
1619 Copenhagen V
Open: mon-sat 12-14.30 (lunch); mon-sun 17.30-24 (dinner, kitchen closes 22, sunday 21)



No comments:
Post a Comment