Thursday, 20 January 2011

New vintage buy - pheasant feather hat



My new hat, displayed on a white wig. The pictures are taken front, side, back :)

Haven't written in here for a very very long time - but today I suddenly felt like it :)
I'm responsible for costumes for my school's production of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", which gives me an excuse to spend hours every week shopping in second hand stores. I've found some good things for myself in the process - including a wonderful blue Prada shirt and a red silk dress (I might upload pictures at some point). Today, I went to the Kirkens Korshær by Nordhavn station, and bought a couple of things for costumes. It was one of the really nice shops, where you can find real gems - there was a Dior skirt suit hanging in the window, together with an 80s electric blue silk dress from Illum. I just got a white men's formal dress shirt, a Philosophy Blues Original men's shirt and an orange bow tie ^^
Afterwards I went to the Kirkens Korshær by the Frederiksberg metro station (Falkoner Allé), which is also a favourite shop of mine. The ladies of Frederiksberg hand in many good items! (this does however also mean you cannot find a Prada shirt at 20 dkr as I did in Brønshøj - the volunteers know their brands). I didn't buy anything for the play today, but I did buy the pheasant-feather hat in the pictures below - ended up getting it for 25 kr, because the lady thought it would be too much trouble for me to go out and find a cash machine. Very, very nice of her ^^

By the way: Saw this shoot today on Fashion Gone Rogue, think it's absolutely gorgeous! Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment